At the Launch of our Summer Collection, our Business Manager Zoe cooked the dream cake! Light, sweet and citrusy… teamed with a chilled bottle of Rose’. It was the dream way to end our Party, and had our guests swoooooooooooooooning!
So as promised, here is the recipe.
Its simple, easy and SUCH a crowd pleaser! Pair it with a fruit salad, and chocolate covered macadamia nuts for the most delish summer gathering!
- ¾ CUP (180ML) VEGETABLE OIL
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TABLESPOON FINELY GRATED LEMON RIND
- ¼ CUP (60ML) LEMON JUICE
- 1 CUP (280G) NATURAL GREEK-STYLE (THICK) YOGHURT
- 1¾ CUPS (385G) CASTER (SUPERFINE) SUGAR
- 2 CUPS (300G) SELF-RAISING (SELF-RISING) FLOUR
- 2 TABLESPOONS THYME LEAVES
- 1 CUP (160G) ICING (CONFECTIONER’S) SUGAR
- 1 TABLESPOON LEMON JUICE
- ½ TABLESPOON BOILING WATER
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Grease a 2.5-litre-capacity Bundt tin. Place the oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Sift in the flour and whisk until smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 50–55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- To make the lemon icing, sift the sugar into a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and water and mix to combine.
- Carefully turn the cake out onto a cake stand or plate. While the cake is still hot, spoon over the lemon icing and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Allow to set for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Serves 10–12